PopAds.net - The Best Popunder Adnetwork

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Caution: Starts light then gets depressing.

Due to my iron whatsit, my nails are in terrible shape. It's just pathetic/gross. So today while out i bought the opi ridge filler.
I love it. I painted a medium brown colour over top and it's gone on amazingly smooth for once. 
Happy.


Little things like this cheer me up and i definitely needed it.


My family had my grandparents and my aunt and uncle over for dinner and things were happy until talk moved to more rural topics like cottaging and farming. My mom decided that was a moment to tell a scaring/terribly sad story of my brother in laws grandfather.


He was a farmer and his sons and brother would help him out on occasion. On one specific occasion, his thresher stopped working and had not been working for a while. When they went to work on it, he fell into it, it turned on at that moment, and he was thrashed to death within an instant.


I'm so horrified at this story and have been feeling ill all evening because of it. When my mother was telling it i actually gasped and had a mini freak out when she said he fell in. 


Anyone who knows me knows i'm not one for emotional expressions of any sort. Thats how upset i got over it.


So now i'm up late and watching friends because i'm upset and scared to sleep because i just know i'll have nightmares about it. And while this happened to my brother in laws grandfather many many years ago when he was still a fairly young man, it still horrifies me. I just imagine his sons having to go home and tell their mother what happened. With such a traumatizing accident, how does one even cope?


Stories like this always make me appreciate life so much more.


My uncle followed this one up with one about a man he knows who also had a mishap with farming equipment. He fell in, it somehow started up without warning as well, and he lost a leg and an arm. 


I somehow doubt i'm getting any sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment